Redemption Church believes the entire church is called to bring glory to God by loving their neighbors. Mission is not one department of the church, but the very nature of the church. God has gifted every person differently, called them to different vocations, and sent them to different locations, all with the purpose of these individuals declaring the excellencies of Jesus in all of life.
We are therefore committed to seeing new initiatives, organizations and ministries spring up from our members. Our hope is to award several grants that empower people in our congregations to initiate specific visions of how we can live out the Gospel among our neighbors.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2017
Presentations: February 2017
Final Grant Decisions: March 1, 2017
Questions? Email us at CGI@redemptionaz.com
If you choose to apply you will follow this process:
- Application and Deadline – We encourage you to start thinking through and working on the application as early as possible so you can have time to pray, discuss, edit, and submit your application by January 15, 2017. Applications will be evaluated based on the metrics outlined in the application form and orientation. Once the application is complete it will be reviewed by the Grant Advisory Panel. Click here for the online application. Applications are not considered on a first-come, first-served basis and earlier applications are not given priority consideration. No Word documents will be accepted, only electronic applications are allowed. Click the following link for a PDF that outlines questions on the application so you are able to prepare your thoughts before submission: grant-orientation-2016
- Presentation – Applicants will be contacted to schedule a date and time to present their ideas before the Grant Advisory Panel. Presentations will be scheduled for mid to late February and take place in the evening. Presentations will be around 20 minutes long and include questions from the Grant Advisory Panel. The Panel is a diverse group comprised of people from each of the Redemption congregations. More details on the presentation will be given to those that move forward in the process.
- Grant Decisions – Final Grant decisions will be made by March 1, 2017. Instructions will be provided to grant recipients on how to retrieve their grant funding after decisions have been made. Those that have been awarded a grant will have their initiative or ministry posted on redemptionaz.com
- Reporting – If you are awarded a grant you will be required to fill out a 2-3 page evaluation periodically throughout 2017.
What applicants can expect from Redemption Church
- Communication – Grant recipients will be communicated to via redemptionaz.com
- Friendship, but not Partnership – A grant recipient will not be considered a partnership with Redemption Church. Rather, grants are designed to be a one-time gift that empowers. In some cases grants will evolve into key partnerships for Redemption Church, but this is the exception and not the rule.
- Award Amounts – Funding amounts for each grantee are determined by the Grant Advisory Panel and some grants will be awarded with stipulations. Funding amounts vary, but may range from $1,000 to $20,000.
- Fair and transparent grant process
- Opportunity to receive coaching, mentoring, and equipping when requested.
What applicants should not expect from Redemption Church
- Repeat grant awards – although you are welcome to re-apply, multiple grant awards for the same initiatives are not likely; a repeat award may be considered in exceptional cases
- Volunteers – although there may be opportunities to mobilize the church body to serve alongside your ministry/initiative, this is not guaranteed and will be handled on a case by case basis at the discretion of the leadership team at the local Redemption congregation.
Applications are not considered on a first-come, first-served basis and earlier applications are not given priority consideration.